zaaz beauty faqs
As we age our "body's battery" losses its charge. We have a natural electrical energy called ATP (adenosine triphosphate, the chemical fuel of human cells). On a cellular level, this leads to breakdown of collagen and elastin in our skin, which leads to saggy and uneven texture; lines, wrinkles and folds become the result. Beneath the skin, the facial muscles become overly contracted over the years of facial expression and constant gravity, allowing the overall lift of our face to decline.
Microcurrent and LED Light Therapy are excellent treatments for cellulite reduction. The recommended session times would be Microcurrent for 20 minutes and LED Light Therapy for 15 minutes.
Treatments are suitable for customers of all ages. Please consult a ZAAZ Beauty technician with any specific questions regarding your desired treatment.
We recommend that you remove any external makeup to ensure a successful, uninterrupted treatment session.
Microcurrent technology first began in the 1830's when Carlos Matteucci's discovery of how the electrical current in the body is disrupted by wounds proved that electrical current was generated by injured tissue. The first commercial device outputting Microcurrent was developed in the 1960's by Dr Reinhold Voll of Germany. Two German research scientists, Dr. Sakman and Dr. Neher won the Nobel Prize in 1991 for their work on the response of Microcurrent on the physiology of human cellular membranes.
The FDA has approved Microcurrent therapy for the following conditions:
1. To increase local blood flow and circulation
2. To increase range of motion
3. To decrease muscular spasm
4. For neuro-muscular reeducation
5. To prevent or retard muscular tissue atrophy
6. For the treatment of calf (lower leg) venous thrombosis
Microcurrent emits electrical frequencies that mimic our body's own electrical signals, thereby increasing the amount of ATP by as much as 500%. Such increased levels of ATP speed cellular metabolism; the result is a detoxification that increases the rate of waste and impurity elimination. Protein synthesis and cellular membrane transport are also increased, as well as the reconstruction of collagen and elastin.
Besides the increase of ATP, protein synthesis, and cellular membrane transport, clinical studies have consistently shown that Microcurrent causes the following:
1. 35% increase in blood circulation,
2. 40% increase in Gluconeogenesis(production of new glucose),
3. 45% increase in the number of elastin fibers in the dermis,
4. 50% increase in the length of elastin fibers,
5. 10% increase in collagen thickness in the connective tissue,
6. 35% increase in the number of blood vessels,
7. 28% increase lymphatic drainage.
As maintenance, it is recommended that customers do ongoing treatments at least once every 6-8 weeks. Younger customers (under 50) need ongoing treatments only once every 7-10 weeks.
Microcurrent helps the body to literally be charged back to its more youthful state. With each treatment the ATP levels are being stockpiled or stored. It is accumulative and the results keep getting better and better after each treatment. The initial results can last 48-72 hours, then 3-4 days as you reach your 4th or 5th treatment. By the 6th or 8th treatment, muscle memory takes over and the progress becomes more rapid and longer lasting. Until only a booster treatment is needed every 4-6 weeks to maintain the results. The direct effect is called "muscle re-education".
Men tend to have thicker skin therefore you must push up and spend more time on the areas that need the most attention, using high intensity settings.
No. Microcurrent does not rely upon wounding, nor does it require a healing process to show results. After the treatment the patient can already apply make-up or skin products.
Microcurrent is a modality providing electric current in millionths of an ampere, called microamperes. It is the closest known electrical current that can be delivered on a near identical magnitude as the electrical current of the human body naturally produces on its own. It is therefore physiologic and safe. Microcurrent should not be felt. It is not like TENS , which uses a form of electrical current measured in milliamperes commonly used as a therapy to block pain. Microcurrent is from 10-100 times less powerful than TENS, and should never cause muscle contraction or be uncomfortable during cosmetic applications.
We suggest drinking 2-4 glasses of water before any treatment and 2 glasses afterward to be properly hydrated.
The initial treatment and all infusion treatments should be 35-45 minutes. All standard treatments should be 30-40 minutes.
LED Light Therapy produces wavelengths that are able to pass through tissue up to one inch deep. It "kick-starts" cells into immediately creating more ATP and increasing more DNA and RNA activity and has been found to help repair damaged cells.
LED Light Therapy can be applied every day.
- RED 650 nm has beneficial properties for skin tightening and collagen synthesis (smoothes out wrinkles and plums up the skin).
- BLUE 462 nm is suitable for oily and comedo skin to help diminish and eliminate acne bacillus. Also tends to tighten saggy skin and jowls.
- GREEN 527 nm is considered the treatment for skin with sebaceous glands or skin that is very oily and prone to blackheads helps balance oil with moisture protection.
- PURPLE 600 nm is considered helpful to reduce wrinkles and stimulate additional lymphatic drainage.
- YELLOW (Orange) 610 nm is considered helpful to whiten and brighten decompose pigment and smooth scars.
- TURQUOISE 470 nm helps restore resistance to sun damaged skin, reduce stress and can calm and heal skin including sunburn skin.
- WHITE 590 nm Effective in transdermal absorption of nutrients and protocol requiring penetration to the dermis level.
Over 100 lbs of air pressure cause saline droplets to hit the epidermis at a high velocity removing the dead layers of epidermis and drive saline or other nutrients deep into the skin.The skin temperature is reduced by 25-40 degrees causing reducing of redness, swelling and rosacea. High velocity positive pressure gently exfoliates and results in deeper infusion and deeper penetration. The air pressure of Jet Clear travels just right under the speed of sound.
Each treatment should take 30 minutes.
The patient should always use sunblock immediately after the treatments. We suggest that the patient use sunblock with zinc. Brief sun exposure is acceptable but prolonged exposure is not recommended.